Jeoldusan (Mt. Jeoldu) was previously called both Yongdubong (Dragon Head Peak) and Jamdubong (Silkworm Head Peak), but it was renamed in 2000. It was at this site that thousands of Roman Catholic believers were tortured and brutally killed during the Byeonin Persecution in 1866. This shrine was built to commemorate the 100-year anniversary of that tragedy and a museum and memorial were added in 1967. The park was created in 1972. Showing a little-known dark side of Korean history, there are displays of torture methods and memorial sculptures surrounding the main shrine.
Transportation: Subway line 2 or 7 to Hapjeong station (exit 7) and walk 10 min., following the signs
Cost: Admission not set but on a donation basis